It’s summertime and that means vacation with the family! Your tickets are bought, hotel booked and bags packed. However, there's probably one thing you've forgotten about- your home security checklist!
Technology these days is evolving and changing fast and changing the way we prep for vacations with remote access. From the time you head out the door till you come back, your security system is here to give you peace of mind while you’re relaxing on the beach.
Make sure your security system is working with you by running through your home security checklist:
- Did you lock your door? When you’re rushing off to your airport early morning, sometimes we get that moment of panic because we don’t know if we locked our door. Don’t worry, your security system will send you a text to remind you to lock the door once you’re outside a 5 mile radius.
- Have a cleaning crew, neighbor, or pet sitter coming over to check on the home while you’re gone? You can set up a digital lock code tailored to them or get a notification request to unlock and then lock the home once they’re gone. No more worries of them setting off the alarm system because they don’t know the code.
- What is your emergency plan if there is a house fire while you’re gone? The last thing that we want is to come home to find that our house may have burned down, get a text message alert the moment a potential fire is triggered and have the fire department immediately called to your home.
- Do you know who’s coming to your front door? Whether it’s the mailman dropping off a package or a potential dangerous individual trying to scope your home, you have the option to see who’s there and make sure you’re protected with a doorbell camera.
Are your lights on? While we do want to conserve energy during the day, you can set one of your lights near a window to turn on during set hours in the evening to give an illusion that someone is home to void off any unwanted visitors.
- Is your A/C turned down? Yikes, it’s 100 degrees outside and you forgot to change the temperature of your A/C while you’re gone! However, with your security system, there is no need to call a friend to go by to turn it down last minute, you can do it all from the ease of your phone!
At Hard Target Systems, we want to make sure you’re a hard target so you can have a peace of mind when you’re on the beach relaxing. If you have any further questions, please give us a call today to learn more on how to make sure you have a solid safety checklist before you head out!